Wednesday, June 8, 2022

What did I learn today?

I'm at a friend's house here in Truckee to oversee the fixing of a leak in their washing machine. Good thing I've built a few homes in my day. 
1) Discovered the door was installed around the washer and dryer. The door jam had to be removed to get the units out. The young one suggested ripping out the dry wall in the next room but I vetoed that idea. I said take the door jam trim off, with the door closed whatever damage done you wouldn't see. We'll deal with it later. 
2) The air vent was never attached - that was scary. 
3) The water pressure was way too high (92 psi now and it should be 75 psi) and living at the bottom of the hill makes it even worse, especially at night.
4) Cheap plastic hoses where installed and could have blown at any time - having high water pressure didn't help either. Always use metal hoses. 
The things you should know when buying a house in the hills.
1) South facing deck is good.
2) Having a level driveway is a very good thing
3) Always have a sewer line that goes down hill.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: