Saturday, June 4, 2022

Small town issue

My number one goal was finding a place I feel safe living as an older single woman. Incline Village pretty much has it's own private police force, not that it really needs that type of protection. I've seen more patrol cars in this tiny town than the whole year I lived in Alameda. The down side to living in a small town is that there's not a lot of choices where you can shop for anything without having to drive 30 - 45 minutes to the next biggest town. Going to be ordering online a lot more than I have in the past! 
I did bring up some art projects to work on while I was here and I forgot to pack some brushes. I have a bin full of brushes in my short term storage so I didn't want to make that long drive to a craft store for just one thing. I found these cheap brushes at the only grocery store in town and I will make them work.  Another thing I noticed where I'm staying is that it's so quiet I had to ask if Amazon delivers here. I have yet to see a FedEx or UPS truck drive by. I know most of the homes here are vacation homes that never rent out so I'm sure that's the reason. 

No comments: