Monday, June 20, 2022

Jax on the tracks in Truckee

Today I had to go to Truckee (next town over) to drop off the things that will be going to my booth at Cottage Crafts in Campbell. A friend goes down to San Jose on a regular basis to visit her mom so she is willing to transport my stuff. I did stop by the only thrift store in town (story on that later) and then we went out to lunch at Jax on the Tracks. I guess it was featured on the Food Network show and usually the lines are really long to get in. I ordered a crab slider which was good. The sauce that came with it tasted exactly like the Costco Bitchin sauce, which I really like. I also ordered the pulled pork sandwich (which was featured on the show) and it was just OK. The think the bun was burned but then I don't eat a lot of bread now days to know for sure. The pork had so much sauce (more sauce than meat) I would have called it a BBQ sauce sandwich will a small side of pork. I didn't eat the bread after the first bite even with me thinking how wasteful that was. 
The best part was what they called fries with Parmesan cheese. Basically thick slices of potatoes (potato chip style) with a light sprinkle of cheese. I dipped those in the Bitchin sauce which would have been enough for me.  It was very pricey for what we got but eating out now days is. My son got a milk shake and steak and eggs. He had country fires which he didn't eat but they looked over cooked and old, so I wouldn't have eaten them either. Wonder why restaurants cook them so far ahead? 
Still it was a place my son wanted to try after watching the show and I'm glad we didn't have to stand in line. 

No comments: