Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Card Catalog Cabinet 2022

Globe Wernicke Cabinet?

Related Posts with ThumbnailsI really didn't think I would be getting anything more from the Michaan Auction as I'm now more than 4 hours away. I still checked out the online catalog just to see what was there because it's always interesting to see if someone's collection has come in. 
I saw this card catalog cabinet and had my former assistant, who loves going to the auction check it out for damage. With my daughter still being in town until next month and planning to come up here to Tahoe to pick up Henk, she could bring it with her. 
I've had a similar cabinet like this that I really loved but I sold it off  last month as I packed up all my stuff to once again to move. This cabinet is a little different as it comes in sections. Back in the day you could design you office cabinets to what you needed it for. I had a wall unit that was like this (if I can find the picture of it I'll post it) that I had in one of my office. It had a lot of drawers on top and legal filing cabinets at the bottom. I sold it to a couple that was into herbs and spices so the drawers came in handy besides being just a cool piece of furniture. 
In looking at this cabinet it must have had several drawers so it could be as tall as a modern file cabinet. I'm still trying to track down the company that made this type of furniture. There are no markings so it's a very slow process of finding the maker but I think it's a Globe Wernicke cabinet. 
It all cleaned up and polished now and just waiting for it to be transported down to Cottage Craft in Campbell. 

No comments: