Thursday, June 16, 2022

Henk's Baby Quilt


"H" quilt pattern 
I finally got to see Henk's baby quilt! I think I found the fabric way before Henk was born, but life got in the way for my quilting friend Patty. It also didn't help she didn't like the colors I picked, so it made it even harder for her to get it made. 
For Henk I wanted to do a more Asian theme. I did a Dutch theme for Mees. When I found the koi fabric I liked it so much I brought all that was left on the bolt just to be sure there would be enough. It was a design challenge for me on how to show off more of the koi fish in the quilt and still use the "H" quilt pattern. It took a big burly biker guy who quilts to figure it out. He said just use the koi fish as the backing. Yes, that solved the problem as simple as it sounds. I'm just thrilled on how well it turned out and how skillful my good buddy Patty is!
Love this koi fish fabric!

No comments: