Friday, June 24, 2022

Picking a estate/clean out sale 2022


Related Posts with ThumbnailsIf  you follow my blog (all five of you) you've noticed I'm posting a whole lot more!  I'm doing free styling writing (write whatever comes to mind) because I'm really not a writer at heart. 
So today I started out driving over the hill to Carson but then I decided why?  It wasn't senior discount day and overall there isn't a whole lot of  good stuff there. Instead I went on a Pokeman hike by the doggie field. I have a favorite bench on this trail that is by the creek. Very peaceful and I know Annie would love it, not so much sitting there but splashing in the water. 
After the hike I came home and checked online for what was for sale. I found an estate sale that was only a few block away so I buzzed over. It was a true estate sale, where ever thing had to go and priced to move. 
It is a triplex condo (really one unit must have been a mudroom/storage room that was turned into a studio. The former owner's daughter sold it with everything left in it, including her clothes.  I didn't expect to find much since it was already five hours after they opened and I know the hard core pickers have already been through it. I did find a few fun things but it was the conversation I had with the new owners that was more interesting. I saw the wicker stand and asked why the other pickers hadn't picked it up for only $5. The guy asked if this is where we start bartering and I said no, $5 is a good price but I'm trying to figure out why no one else wanted it. Coming this late to the sale it shouldn't have been there. He said he didn't think there were any resellers but I assure him they were there. 
This triplex is an investment property for this couple, so I told them I was looking for a place to rent. The very top unit which is up two very steep staircases (and we all know how I hate stairs) was just beautiful (the original owner must have used this unit) and it had the most amazing 6 foot square distressed vintage pine table. I was so blinded by the table I forgot all about the negatives to the place. Most of my furniture would not make it up the narrow stairs with all the sharp turns. Going up and down those stairs everyday would be a killer. Plus there is no street parking what so ever. I would have to park in the garage every time and I have no idea where anyone coming to visit would park.  
I would so love to buy that table and design a whole new house around it, that's how cool it is. I may still try and buy it and figure out where to storage it. :) 
The daughter who sold the place, worked for the airlines and when she traveled she purchased original artwork.  Most of it was sold before I got there - sure sign pickers were there. 
As I was going through a box of kid's toys and finding several match box cars, I asked if the other pickers check out the box and he said no. We pulled out all the cars, none of which I think are worth anything but he's going to send a picture to a friend who sells them on eBay.  I thought the Mr potato head set with the carrying case was funny, even with some parts missing. He threw that in for free for my tip on match box cars. 
I'm sad the place won't work out for me to rent but my knees will thank me later. :) 

No comments: