Saturday, June 18, 2022

Summer Time Snow

It's summertime (June) and it snowed today here in Tahoe! Seriously it was warm and sunny then bam it starts snowing. It was more like fluffy rain and it didn't really stick but still got everything wet.  
We were on the exercise trail when it started so we weren't able to finish the circuit. We did see several snow plants on the trail, most were fading but it was still fun to see them in the wild. 
After all the very tired kids and parents went down for their naps, I went to the thrift stores. The Village Christian thrift shop prices are always a little too high to flip so I don't really expect to find anything. I know there are a lot of resellers that come through the stores for the clothes so everything as been picked over pretty good. 
There was a china cabinet that I think has been overlooked by everyone from the amount of dust on the shelves. I opened the doors just to see how high the prices were. The pitcher is unmarked but really heavy. It was priced at $5, so I thought it had to have a crack or had been repaired. I really gave it a good once over, because it's rare that they would have anything there for that cheap. When I got to the register, the volunteer said she thought it was from a famous Italian pottery company (when I figure out how to spell it, I'll list it) and I agreed with her. I said I was surprised at the low price even with no markings on the bottom.   The candle stick were $12 for the set. Vintage, hand painted from Portugal. I can only guess they've been in the china cabinet for awhile and most people walk past them assuming as I did they would be over priced. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: