Thursday, June 23, 2022

Community Thrift Shop - Carson City 2022

This charity support domestic abuse victims and the main office and services are right next door. Looks like a new facility for both the thrift store and offices. There was a sign on the door no weapons are allowed in the store, which I thought was interesting. As with all the thrift stores around here, there is a staff shortage so there are signs posted to be kind to those who show up. 
I really wanted to visit this thrifty store as it gets terrible reviews for how the donations are accepted. There is one man who is very rude to donors to the point where they post reviews about it and plan never to donate to the organization again. Being that this store is right across the street from the Good Will, I thought it was interesting they wouldn't do something about it. 
It was mostly low end houseware items and from what I saw in the furniture section, they do get a lot of large junky items donated. It does take a lot of tack to tell someone you can't take or sell their trash.  So I can see why the guy gets cranky when people try and drop off unsellable items.  I did meet him as he brought a cart of stuff out and yes, he's a very very cranky man.
The store has a boutique section of the higher prices stuff, which I thought was a good idea. If you don't want to pay a lot, it's an area to avoid so I'm not sure why it's getting such bad reviews about the price increase on the clothes. Since I don't shop for clothes, I can't comment the prices but I did find a new with tags cold gear under armor vest for $8.00.
The wire shelves with the home goods were packed with the usually wine glasses and dinner plates. I didn't find any home runs  but enough interesting stuff to help round out my booth at cottage crafts. Prices were a little high on some things but as a reseller I could still make a profit.
I picked up a set of bone plates which I'm guessing will never sell at my booth. I think it's funny you have special dishes to put your discarded bones on at the dinner table. You can see them in the corner photo above. I know they sell well back east (still can't figure out who still uses them) but I'm sure they won't sell here. It does add a little something different to my booth.
I guess I haven't every been to a fancy enough dinner where one would use them. :). Would you use them if you had them? 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: