Friday, June 24, 2022

Butterfly

When I went on my mini hike, I saw this butterfly. I don't see many now days so It's always a treat when I do. I now have 5 weeks to decide what I'm going to do and where I will be living, just a little stressful. 
I go to an area where it's sort of the unofficial dog park always hoping I'll meet some dogs like Annie. I miss not having a dog or cat but I know with all the moving I'm doing it would be too hard to have a pet. There are nice benches on the trail, so I sometimes sit and listen to the creek and think how peaceful it is and how much my fur baby would have loved it here. I also made arrangement to have the last of Annie's things, (her favorite bed) to be given away.  One of the first people I met when I moved to Alameda was a guy called Van. He did all the heavy lifting for the store before we opened. He adopted a huge pit bull named Petey that need a very strong person to handle his medical needs, he had two broken back legs. Petey is the only big dog I know that could fit into Annie's things, as many people in town don't have big dogs.  As silly as it sounds, it was still very sad for me to let it go. I still remember Annie's last day laying on that bed, knowing I was losing her forever. :( 
When I was heading back to my car I saw two Irish Setters (a breed I haven't seen in years) chasing the same butterfly I saw on the trial and almost catching. It was cute and scary at the same time. The dogs were having a great time and the butterfly flying for its life to get away. As I got closer to my car, met a dog that was the same breed as Annie's best friend Bergie, wire haired griffon  It's a specialty type of hunting dog, so you don't see many of them either. I got to chatting with the owner and we talked about our dogs and what it's like living Incline Village. 
It was a very sad day walking down memory lane. 


Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: