Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Getting ready for the 4th

Quick fry up of all the leftover veggies
Cooking is where I find my happy place. I really don't havemuch of an appetite anymore but I do like to process of cooking, eating is just a nice by product. :)  I also don't like to waste food. When the whole family left a few weeks ago, a lot of food was leftover. What I couldn't eat (all the gluten stuff and candy) I sent off my son, who will basically eat anything. 
I finally got around to cooking up most of the veggies. I like leftovers so I do still cook as if making a meal for a big family. 
The town is gearing up for the 4th, which is the biggest holiday of the year around here.  The locals are doing all their food shopping and stocking up to stay home for the long weekend. I've been told all the roads even close to the lake will be totally packed.  I have all the flags and buntings out and hanging from the deck out front - so very festive!
One of the other nice thing of living here is there's no random firecrackers going off as in Alameda. The fire danger is very real here and people take it seriously. The fireworks show on the lake will be a light show using drones. I'm looking forward to see that as it will be the first time around here. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: