Thursday, June 2, 2022

First official hike 2022


I haven't had these hiking boots on for almost 2 years. During the last year of Annie's life we didn't do a lot of hiking as it was very uncomfortable for her to walk for long periods of time. True to her nature, she would have done it if I wanted her to but I knew better.
 Then I moved to Alameda right after her passing and it was just not safe to do any walking alone around town. It's even not safe now to hike any of the trials in the state parks that were close by to the city. Mountain bikers are getting mugged on the trial for their bikes!
So my boots stayed in their box until I arrived in Tahoe. I went 
on a short hike this morning along the lake after a few hours of trying to get some very complicated paper done. I still don't know the area well or where the best hiking trail parking is but I'll figure it out. It's so nice to be outside, hike and feel safe in just walking around. Having some pretty great sunny weather and I know to enjoy it before the snow starts. :) 

No comments: