Saturday, June 11, 2022

How many pour over cones does one need?

I use the pour over method to make my coffee, which I find funny, as my not a big coffee drinker. I like the smell of coffee (childhood memories) and I think it's a waste if I don't drink it, even if I don't like the taste. I do add chocolate oat milk to make a faux mocha.  
Years ago when the little coffee maker I was using broke and I didn't want to replace it. I picked up small ceramic cone at the Goodwill store for only $2. I liked that it didn't take up any counter space which at the time I had very little. Now after years of using it(and I still don't have a lot of counter space) I don't think I'll ever go back to using a machine.  
I don't see too many at the thrift stores, so if the price is right, I pick it up. I found a big one at the local thrift store here in Incline Village($2.50) and thought I would give it a try. Interestedly it goes really really slow compared to the smaller one. Not sure if it's because it doesn't have as many ridges on the inside or just because it's big. So this a what I would call a very slow pour, can't be in a hurry with this one. :)  
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: