Saturday, June 25, 2022

Capodimonte? Nope!

As promised I looked up the spelling of the pottery the lady at the thrift thought this pitcher was. "Capodimonte"
After going to that store every week, I think she believes any old, dirty ceramic piece is Capodimonte. I hear her saying it all the time and it's not something that comes up in a normal conversation. I'm sure she may have seen a few but they don't show up at thrift stores all that often. 
This pitcher is very heavy and it's not marked on the bottom. I don't think it's even vintage but made to look old and a decorative piece. You would have to have gorilla arms to pour anything out it. It also doesn't fit the profile for most Capodimonte pottery, much too primitive looking. 
There are no comps on this pitcher, another clue it's probably modern but I think it's still cool to add to someone collection. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: