Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tea Mystery Solved

Last year my niece gave me a tin of my favorite non green tea - Marco Polo from France. When I brewed the tea it just didn't taste the same as when I have it at my favorite restaurant "Red House Cafe" in Pacific Grove. Last night we had a wonderful dinner at the Red House jumbo sea scallops with saffron and white wine creme sauce with green beans and broccoli. It was served with garlic mash potatoes. I had to skip the potatoes but Doug said they really good. O.K. back to my tea discovery this morning. I decided to try and brew a pot of tea (it's going to rain all day today - so good tea weather) when I notice my new can of MP didn't smell the same as my old can of MP. When I looked at the label I saw the word "Rouge" on the new tin and was wondering if that made a difference. After a quick Internet search I found out it in deed was a totally different type of tea. Now I know why it doesn't taste the same, it's not the same tea! I'm planning a field trip to the Market Hall up in Oakland (the only store that carries it) to stock up.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

The perfect place for a birthday dinner.

Unknown said...

Yeah - The Red House - great choice! I love the tea containers - so quaint!