Friday, March 27, 2009

Hiking

This is the first full week of my new fitness program now that I have to lose another 20 pounds. The first 20 wasn't so bad but I know this next round is going to take a lot more sweat. This morning I did a four hour hike up at Rancho San Antonio Park. I was able to do the PG&E trail, which has some very intense hills a little faster than I thought, so next time I have to take the longer trails back down. If you haven't hiked before, going down hill is harder on your body than going up. I have some bloody toes to prove it. I'm looking into buying some trekking poles after a nice chat with another hiker I met when I got to the summit. My upper body isn't getting as much of a work on these hikes and she said the poles would help.

1 comment:

toners said...

Fabulous job! That's awesome!