Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's chocolate cheesecake time!

If you have been following my blog, you know that I was told to lose 20 pounds by my doctors 9 weeks ago. Well today I've finally have lost the first 20! When I went back in for my follow up appointment and blood work, the doctor said everything looked great but now I have 6 months to lose 20 more pounds. "The Screamer" is how I looked when the she told me I had another 20 to go.
One of the goals when I lost 20 pounds was to have one piece of my favorite chocolate cheesecake. I don't think I can eat one whole piece at one sitting now. That much fat and sugar hasn't crossed my lips in months. :) Then it's back to no carbs or processed foods and doing 5 -10 mile hikes in the hills.
I've had to add some type of cardio to my diet and hiking hills is the only way to get my heart rate up. I don't like going to the gym (dirty, smelly and nothing to look at) so I'm taking advantage of the beautiful trails in my area.

2 comments:

M!ssPr!ssy said...

That's how I feel today when I have to go to the endodontist later today and have a tooth pulled.

Unknown said...

Mmmmm....have a piece or bite for me! Sounds so yummy to me right now.
I agree with the gym aspect vs. the wooded trails. I'll take the trails anyday! In fact I just did this past Sunday!