Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Today's the Day!

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!
Eight weeks ago I went to the doctor's office for my sore shoulder. She was more concerned about my blood sugar levels and said I had to lose 20 pounds by my next visit. So today (on my scale) I've lost 18 pounds. I will get new blood work done and see where my numbers are at. The scale in the office is in the main hallway but I plan to strip down to my underwear, hey ever ounce counts in my world! I know I have to add more cardio to my daily life, but one mountain at a time for me. Wish me luck! Update: I got patient of the year 2009 from my doctor today! Even the nurse was impressed by my weight loss and blood test results. My glucose was down 25 points and my LDL (bad cholesterol) was down 90 points so a major victory for me. The bad news is that the doctor wants me to lose another 20 pounds but at least I have six months to do that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW - that is a lot of weight to lose in 8 weeks! And then to lose 20 more in 6 months? Phew - you go girl! You should go on my low-iodine diet, I better lose some weight with this sucker - no chocolate for 2 weeks.