Monday, March 30, 2009

Halibut - K & Company

I know I have enough scrapbooking paper to have my own little store (and I am working on reducing my stash) but when I saw this paper, I just had to have it! My hubby loves to dive (spear fish) for California halibut, which are almost as big as the Alaska halibut in the photo. I wasn't able to get a good shot of the detail work I did with the Stardust pen by Sakura but it really makes the page pop. The paper ("Ocean Voyage" by K & Co.) is like a piece of art work and you could just hang it on the wall as is. I worked on keeping the layout "manly" so kept the bling to a minimum. The photo is set in a thin shadow box (folded the paper over an open I cut out of chip board) and the letters are from various fonts on my Cricut. Amazing what you can do when your wake up at 3:00 am and can't go back to sleep. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

who's the picture of??? Love the paper & the photo...

Unknown said...

Oh - also = head over to my blog for a fun little diddy you can play & post on your blog next!

toners said...

Some of my best work is done in the wee hours :)

Lydia Fiedler said...

Oooh - it's gorgeous! And so is your garden!!