Sunday, March 22, 2009

Penguin Swap

I had no idea what I was going to do with these penguins but part of my bead mania week, I made several of them. I was thrilled when I saw on Split Coast Stampers someone was hosting a penguin theme swap!
I left the bottom of the card blank so the person receiving the card could add whatever they wanted. The mountains in the background are set into the card, which I cut out with my circle Nesties. I couldn't have a lot of bulk on top because the black circle frame is too narrow to cover three layers of card stock.
The other fun discovery I made was the blue highlights on the mountains are done with a Copic marker run along the back side of the paper. It bleeds through just enough to add a little color.

2 comments:

Sues said...

This is awesome - I love it!!!

M!ssPr!ssy said...

What type of beading is this? Do you follow a pattern?