Thursday, March 26, 2009

Flowers


Nothing like flowers to inspire the creative process. I just finished making cards for several swaps and now working on another set using the the Penny Black floral stamps. During this time of year my front yard is now blooming with irises and tulips but I still like to have flowers in the house. Once they are done blooming, I plant them in my garden and hope to see them again next year.
On my hikes, the trails are filled with the daintiest purple and yellow flowers in a backdrop of dark green ferns. I don't pack my heavy camera to take pictures but it has inspired me to make more floral cards in a clean and simple style.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love calla lillies - they are my favorite flower. I'm not sure about California climate, but if you plant them outside in Michigan, you need to dig up the bulb for the winter & replant in the spring or they get frosted/frozen out.