Friday, September 30, 2022

Thanksgiving soup

Related Posts with Thumbnails
I still in search of the place to rent here in San Jose/Cupertino and it's really important that it has a full kitchen. 
Up in Tahoe the house had a cook's kitchen but with only one grocery store it was very limiting. Now that I'm back in San Jose and close to all the Asian grocery stores, getting the ingredients isn't a problem. The kitchen here is nice but it's not a cook's kitchen. 
I had a drawer full of carrots, celery, onions and potatoes. I was thinking making a carrot cake (with all the carrots) but being a kitchen where they don't bake makes it challenging. I decided to try my hand at making a cream soup. I roasted some chicken a few night ago so I threw that into the pot with all the vegetables. I have to say it turned out really well, tastes like thanksgiving dinner all rolled into one! Not sure I could repeat it again but it sure is tasty. 

No comments: