Monday, September 5, 2022

Moving boxes during a heat wave 2022

Related Posts with ThumbnailsIt seems I spend most of my time packing and moving boxes! The very last of my boxes that I held back when I made the big move out of Alameda, I stored at my niece's house. I wanted to be able to get to it instead of driving all the way to Gilroy. My niece decided at the last minute to sell her house (because she found a house she liked) so needed the basement space cleared out. It wasn't the best time to move anything with the current heat wave hitting the Bay Area but I had no choice. By the time we got the truck down to Gilroy it was already 103! We only had about 20 minutes to get the truck unload before the extreme heat (inside the truck gets super hot) would force us to stop.
Good thing my storage unit is big so we didn't have spend time trying to squeeze everything into it. At some point when it's a lot cooler, I'll go down and put things in order. 
So now the search continues to find a decent place to live and hopefully set down some roots. Still looking at moving back to Cupertino if I had choice. 

No comments: