Thursday, September 15, 2022

Finally a successful whatnot auction!

My very first package
My first Whatnot auction was a total disaster!  I really wanted to quit but I know I have to start selling online if and when cottage crafts lose their lease. The shopping mall land has been sold for several years now and the plan is to build yet another high rise of apartments. The shopping mall spans the boundaries of two cities (built back in the day) so there are legal issues that have to be sorted out plus the neighborhood fighting the new build. 
The WhatNot tutorials just don't work for me and their customer support is fast to respond but it's always, "just watch this video" auto response. If their videos worked, I wouldn't be ask for help! So I went and searched for you tube videos (and I really had to dig to find them) of real people showing how to start an auction with out hyping themselves up with how great their sales are etc.
My second official auction went very smoothly and super fast. I still have to learn how to do a give away and how to package up my items but with practice I'll get better. So I'm pretty proud that I stuck it out and hopefully build my follow up so I can make a profit. :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: