Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Flipping 101

Yesterday I drove down to my storage unit in Gilroy to straighten things out. Boxes and things were thrown into a few weeks ago because it was 113 degrees in the shade when I had to move everything. Overall it wasn't too bad. It's an outside unit so on one hand it makes for easy unloading, on the other hand it does get very dusty. 
On my way back I stopped off at the Gilroy Goodwill. I was very surprised the prices there were much high than the stores in Cupertino and Saratoga. There wasn't anything worth flipping so I left empty handed. I also stopped off at the Goodwill in east San Jose, only because I put the wrong address in my GPS. I was close enough to the store so I stopped by. I had a nice conversation with another flipper about this table. It's new (still has the wrapping around it) and he scanned it for me to find out the resale price. He sells on eBay so we chatted about all the changes that are happening. I picked up the table for $20 and I'm flipping it for $30. I was thinking of keeping it but if I can flip it fast I'll do that. It resells for $40 online (shipping would be super $$$) but I want it sold fast. I can't believe all the people that have asked about it and if  I would take $10 for it. I'm practicing the Daily Refinement method of not holding out for all the money. Get your investment back as fast as you can on the everyday items. You don't need to wait for the right buyer as you would with antiques. 
Update: Just sold it in less than 8 hours. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: