Thursday, October 6, 2022

Another whirlwind month

It's been another whirlwind month! I started my whatnot auction and it's starting to get easier. My mornings are now spent running an auction and then heading out to the pst office. Do my sourcing and stopping by Cottage Crafts on my way home.
I finally had time to drive down to my storage unit in Gilroy and get things organized. It's a much bigger unit than I really need now but they only have big outdoor ones. I do like that I can drive up to my unit but it does get a fair amount of dust plus it's south facing so gets super hot if the sun is out, which is all the time.  Since I was down there I had lunch with an old card making friend who lives in Gilroy.   She's really into needlepoint (I know nothing about needlepoint) and she's helping out at a new store opening up in Morgan Hill. Sorry I didn't get the name of the store, but I will! While I was at the shop visiting my friends, I asked if Kay (the shop owner)  if she wanted to borrow my printer's cabinet I have in storage.  I saw that she was using a big map file cabinet to store some thread and reminded me of my printer's cabinet. Then it lead to the eight foot pine bench I got for my daughter a while back. The bench would be a great way to display all the finished pillows the store has. One of my other oak cabinets will also be going over to the store.  I'm just thrilled my furniture is getting out of the hot storage unit and shown some love again.
It took five times by myself getting that bench into my car! Definitely got my work out that day! The soft opening is this Friday so I really wanted to get the bench into the store. The other cabinets will have to be moved by the professionals.
On top of all that I'm still in search of a place to call home. The clock is ticking as I have to find some place by next month. My stress level is a little high right now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails




No comments: