Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Field trip to the Legion of Honor - Guo Pei

the gold dress took 50,000 hours to make!
Yesterday I went to the Legion of Honor to see the fashion designer Guo Pei's collection. If you know me, I'm not a fashion person at all!  I do appreciate the artistic talent it takes think of these creations and to be able to sew them! The embroidery work (all hand done) was very impressive and really the show stoppers.  Her more avant guard collection was turn obis (the belt used to hold kimonos closed) inside out and show the messy but colorful back. I have to say I've never looked at the back side of an obi before. 
What I really liked at the LH was the chandelier (1700's) in one of the other displays. The crystals are made for sold quartz crystals (rocks) the size of a softball. I can't even imagine how they managed to make the crystals back in the 1700's!
We had perfect weather and even better found parking right in front of the museum!  
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: