Saturday, October 8, 2022

Where the good stuff goes

There is a local thrifting YouTuber (golden state picker) that I occasionally watch who also shops at the Savers store here in San Jose.  He shows many times in his videos some amazing stuff he finds. I wasn't sure how he was finding them because when I shop at Savers there's nothing on the shelves. Yesterday I saw him and a gang of his friends all hanging out in the kid's section at the back of the store. I was in  plush toys section, which also happens to be right next to the doorway the carts come out of with all new inventory.  A cart came out (stopped right next to me) and they swarmed before it even got a foot out of the doorway. Now this is a very common thing  that resellers do and it doesn't seem to bug the staff.  After getting stuck in the swarm, I understand how he's able to get to the good stuff before it even hits the floor. The resellers are just lined up waiting for the  new carts. 
What I find interesting he is has never said in any of his videos this is his strategy in getting to the good stuff first. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: