Friday, July 1, 2022

Thrift shopping on hold

As I said before it's hit or miss picking at the local thrift stores here in Incline Village. If they do get the good stuff, it's priced way too high to resell. So now it's a game of wait and see. One of the stores puts things on sale (20%, 50%, 75%) every week. Since I stop by all the time I know what the current inventory is so really I'm looking for what the staff may have missed and marked too low. 
My shipment of current things are waiting to be driven down to Cottage Crafts in Campbell, so for now I can't buy anything because there's no more room in the car.  :)
I did spot this cross stitch pieces and it just cracked me up! It's hard to get any comps done on something like this so I can only guess this is the reason it was marked for only $5.00. This church thrift store always prices things at full retail so I was surprised it was priced so low. I even waited a day before going back to buy it. I think I can flip it for $20.00 just for the cutest factor besides being vintage. 
I am looking to find a Glassy Baby in the wild, no online shopping for it either.  It's been a pickers challenge for a while and just something fun to look for.  These votive candle holders are super $$$$ handmade in Seattle. I've always been lucky in finding things so it's only a matter of time before I come across one! 
I've always wanted to find the first edition of Julie Child's cookbooks set "The Art of French Cooking". I did find  it and was able to hold it but I wasn't willing to pay $400 (worth $1K) for it at the thrift store. But I think that counts as a win. :)

No comments: