Monday, July 18, 2022

Mega Pint?

Holds 3 cups of liquid
I have to admit I watched the whole Johnny Depp trail because I just couldn't believe how bad Amber's lawyers were. 
As a picker knowing what to buy that you can flip for a profit take some depth of knowledge if you want to make a living doing it. For me it's always been a hobby but I think this fall I may go pro.
So what does this picture of a glass have to do with Johnny Depp's trail and me turning pro? 
At the trial Amber's lawyer asked about drinking a mega pint of wine. Not being a drinker, I had no idea what "mega pint" meant.  16 oz = pint
I first saw these type of glasses are at the local thrift store for $1.50 each which is pretty high since clear wine glasses are kind of the cockroach of donations, something donated all the time that no one buys.   These glasses came in a set of four with a pitcher, so only having two makes it incomplete. I then found one at the Classy Seconds thrift store in Carson for .49. I only picked it up to show a point of how wide a price range something can be depending on where you're shopping. 
Then out if curiosity I used the glass to see how comfortable it would be to drink out of. I have big hands and I found it to be too big to hold and very heavy when only half full at 16 oz. I then filled it to the top and it holds 3 cups, which I would guess is a mega pint. ;)
I know thrift stores have to try and make the maximum amount they can for the charity they support, so if they can sell it for double what other stores get more power to them. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: