Sunday, July 10, 2022

Life lessons

Related Posts with ThumbnailsGot a notice earlier this week the power was going to be shut off so the main power lines could be checked. With the fire danger and high winds, it's a no brainer. It was funny, I had forgotten all about it this morning and when I closed my laptop to leave for my hike, everything just went quiet. There is a huge air filter that is alway on because the pollen from the pine trees are in full bloom
One of the podcasts from Daily Refinement he said he asks this question to anyone he's thinking of hiring. He said it was surprising how many people couldn't answer it. 
What important lesson have to learned from someone else? So here are my answers
1) My mom taught me how to cook with just basic ingredients and that cooking from scratch doesn't take long. Learn to make several dishes well so you're never at a loss on what to make. 
2) Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy. Make a list of what you have to do everyday and do the hardest or least pleasant item first. I don't alway follow this but it does work when you do. 
3) Make your bed everyday. Of course when I lived in Cupertino I had too because that was the biggest flat surface I had in the studio but that simple act shows discipline.
4) Don't post anything on the internet that could later come back to haunt you. I was told this at the start of blogging and before Facebook.  

No comments: