Saturday, July 9, 2022

Gourd Art

Related Posts with Thumbnails
I'm a big fan of gourd art that started with Santas. When I started traveling I would pick up local pieces. Amazing how many artists use gourds. 
Since I've had to down size once again, I put my collection up for sale at Cottage Crafts. When I do find something special I still pick it up. Found this one at the local community thrift store for only $5. I'm sure it was priced that low because you can't really can't get accurate comps. 
While at the store I met a nice lady who got a set of pyrex Americana mixing bowls. We had a very nice chat about the bowls (I did try to buy them from her) and then about living here in Incline Village. She use to live in San Jose (her husband worked for Apple) so we both know Silicon Valley very well. I'm not sure why they ended up here as her husband wants to live 

No comments: