Monday, July 25, 2022

Bye to Incline Village for now

My view during a traffic jam
My time here in Incline Village is coming to an end.  The house is cleaned up, everything is packed up in my soon to be old car, (just sold it to my mechanic down in San Jose) and I'll head down to Alameda for a few days. Then I'm off to Hawaii for about a month. I know it sounds like a vacation but I'm really going to check out the area and job market to see if I can afford to live there for a few years. 
I'm very grateful for my time here and my generous cousins for opening up their beautiful house for me to use. Feeling once again safe to walk outside and into town.  
I'm still on the fence about moving here because if I decide to start selling full time online, I need a town with a good postal service. Plus finding a decent place to rent that doesn't break the bank is an issue. Competing with all the vacation rentals, it's been a tough go. Another thing I found out most rentals come furnished which I don't need or want. Again because of the vacation rental market. So wish me luck in finding a place to finally call home. 

No comments: