Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Driving all over Tahoe this week.


So many moving parts now that I'm getting ready to leave Incline Village and head out to Hawaii.  My daughter is getting ready to move to Holland and they wanted to sell their new (2021) car. If I decide to live here in Tahoe I should replace my 2008 Lexus 400H with something a little newer.  I really like my car and if I didn't have to worry about driving in the snow and living in the mountains, I would keep it. It does help my daughter out buying their car instead of them shipping it over to Holland. I've spent two days trying to find a DMV open in California to get a copy of my title. Went to Truckee yesterday to only find out that the office there is being remodeled. I drove over to South Shore today and as I was waiting, I Googled thrift stores in the area and read the reviews.  I went to all five but only two were open. The Goodwill looks like a new store location. Very clean and organized and the employees were hustling getting things out on the floor. I was surprised to see they even put towels in the glassware carts so things don't get chipped. Prices were high (no surprise there) and the houseware department was pretty sad, had nothing interesting.  
Someone's bell collection was donated and it was fun to see they must have visited all 50 states. I would have purchased all them but at $2.49 each there wasn't enough room to make a profit.  I just settled for the Christmas bell which I know I flip for at least $10.00. The other store was The Attic Thrift Store, which was way over priced and really didn't have anything good either. 
Ok back to my car. 
It's a sellers market when it comes to cars and my very old Lexus is in high demand in the Bay Area. I decided to sell it to my mechanic down in San Jose. I know I can get more money selling to one of the online sites but Marco has always taken good care of my car and helping me out. Will be interesting to see what he can flip it for. 

No comments: