Saturday, July 2, 2022

Small town with a whole lot of muscle

I moved away from Alameda because of the high crime rate, especially toward older people.
Here in Incline Village a local billionaire has funded part of the sheriff's Department to make sure there is always someone available 24/7. Saw him today riding in a vintage car in the parade. He and his wife have funded over 500 million dollars into local charities and organizations here in town. 
I wasn't planning on watching the parade as I'm still trying to avoid crowds especially with young children who can't be vaccinated yet. I didn't know where the parade was going to happen, so after parking I realized I would have to stay until the parade was over. It was a very cute old school town parade, with kids riding their bikes, firetrucks and police cars with lights flashing.  I think the sheriff's department here is bigger than both Alameda and Oakland combined. Several ATV officers, officers on horse back, bomb squad RV and swat team tank. 
It was a perfect day for parade and hanging out on the field. Sunny with a light breeze. Now I just have to figure out where the light show is going to be and how to get there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: