Friday, July 29, 2022

You know your in Hawaii when

pink guava cheesecake
It's been a whirlwind for packing up and cleaning up for everyone. My daughter is moving to Holland to live so had to get rid of almost everything (especially if it plugged into a wall) as well as packing everything in a cargo container to ship over. Then get the house cleaned up so she could get her cleaning deposit back. I was up in Incline Village and had to close up the house and pack up all my stuff to move into storage before heading to Hawaii. The flight wasn't crowded and the kids had their own seats, so we could stretch out. It was waiting for the van (my daughter rented a van) that felt like a long time to get because is was so hot outside. Anyways the house here in Maui is beautiful and very spacious. Very  close to the beach and close to Foodland, which is local type of grocery store. It was so nice to shop once again in a store that has all the Asian foods I'm use to. When I lived in Cupertino, I thought having an Asian store on every corner was normal. It's been almost two years of living in a food waste land for Japanese foods. I think I've eaten more poke in the last two days than I have in the last 5 years! 
Best part I may have a lead on opening a new thrift store here in Maui, which would be a dream job for sure. Fingers crossed it will they will go ahead with the project!!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: