Friday, August 19, 2022

WhatNot - Signed Up to Sell!

Related Posts with ThumbnailsThis morning I have an on boarding call with WhatNot. I made the leap to join and start selling off my old inventory that I have at CCB. I'm not a big enough seller to make it profitable but it is a good way to sell off what hasn't sold in years and at least get some money back. I've watched a lot of auctions so see what format I would like to use. I've seen some good ones but more importantly I've seen some really bad one. It's kinda of funny to see some auctions where people have no clue that what they're doing on a live show. Here are some of my favorites:
1) A small child in the background was very upset that she couldn't play on the iPad her mom was using. There was a few times she tried to grab the iPad. Yes there was a grandparent in the room who was suppose to be watching said small child. When she couldn't get the iPad she ran to the table where all the auction items were on and pushed it. The mom grabbed it just in time to stop everything from hitting the floor. Yes there was a lot of screaming and crying going on the whole time. I didn't stay  very long at that auction. 
2) Another auction a couple started fighting over what do next and argued about it for several minutes, again forgetting they were on a live channel. 
3) People who I can only guess living in the house (can't see them) walk into the auction room asking random things like, I'm going to go get ice cream do you want anything. The auction person will have a whole conversation about the when and where. Or why is the dog barking and start yelling at the kids to feed the dog and they yell back they don't want to.  Guess some people find that entertaining!

I have also seen some that are very organized and prepared to do a live auction. Everything is clean, it's surprising how many sellers don't even take the goodwill stickers off. They have descriptions along with photos of all the items and there's not extra loud music in the background so you can hear them. Their auctions go fast, which I like. 
I won't start until next month when I'm back in California. Hopefully all of you will follow me there. You don't have to buy anything but just hang out. Guess a high body count gets you high up on the page. 
Wish me luck!

No comments: