Sunday, August 7, 2022

Strange Antique Store

While in Maui I've been looking for some vintage items at the few thrift store here. I haven't been able to find anything until I went to this store "Rich Dead People Things to Sell".  It's basically a warehouse of what I would call the good stuff. It's not a thrift store, more an overpriced antique store with prices way too high for me to even think of buying anything. It's a strange store because you have to pay $2 to shop there but it does have cool stuff so I felt it was worth it to look around.  I got to talking to the owner and he buys whole estates so I can understand people wanting to sell their stuff instead of donating it. We got to talking about doing WhatNot, eBay and auctions and there was a brief moment I thought maybe I would join his team and run the online sales. I read all the reviews on the store and this guy is a little creepy in some of his business dealings, so I decided not to continue the conversation. I also did the comps on the things I liked (I took pictures) when I got home and even if I got things at 60% off it still would be too high to resell. He marks things up super high just so he can "discount" it and make you feel your'e getting a deal. It's not a clean place at all, everything is covered in dust. It's a warehouse and the bay doors are always open so no surprise things are dirty. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: