Sunday, August 14, 2022

Early morning sounds - Hawaii 2022

Now with the kids gone to Holland, I can keep all the doors and windows open at night so the AC doesn't have to run. When Mees was here keeping the doors unlocked wasn't wise. Almost everything has solar here on the island so the cost isn't too bad but still I try to conserve where I can.
You can hear birds all day and night and sometime if it's really quiet you can hear the ocean. It's a calm beach overall so there aren't the crashing waves sounds unless there's a storm but then you wouldn't have your windows open. :)
Nice to be able to sit outside once again with my coffee and smoothie. I purchased a blender for the house knowing the boys liked their smoothies but they only used it once. Guess it made a hot mess outside so it wasn't a go after that. Now I'm trying to use up all the frozen fruit I got at Costco. I don't know when the next person will be at the house so I don't want to waste it. 
Still working on getting the house cleaned up. This morning all the floors are getting mopped. I'll do it again before I leave but want to make sure I get all the Popsicle drips wiped up. 

No comments: