Friday, August 12, 2022

Quiet time here in Hawaii 2022

My first morning here in Hawaii without the kids and it's very very quiet! Enjoying the back patio area (house is a U shape with a courtyard in the middle) before it gets to hot. Will be spending the next few days getting the house cleaned up and washing all the bedding. I'll then close up most of the house as it's a really big place. Then trying to use up all the food before I leave in two weeks. I see lots of fruit smoothies in my future!
It was a little sad not hearing the little footsteps coming down the hall and opening my door and that little hand tapping on my shoulder to wake me up or books getting thrown on my head to read. I made the boys breakfast every morning so it was our time together and the only time Mees would eat everything on his plate. He snacks way too much during the day with his Dad to ever want to eat a full meal. Henk just likes to eat so he's happy whenever food is put in front of him but most of it ends up on the floor.  It was sad to know my daughter is moving to Holland and I won't get to see the boys grow up but it is a nice place to raise a family and they can afford to live there. This whole thing of being able to telecommute or I guess it's called working remote has real changed things!
Once again I'm on my own and no real idea where I'll set down roots. Hawaii is nice but I know I could never live here full time, island life isn't for me. I really do miss living Cupertino, having a garden, the asian stores on every corner and being close to Carmel.  I'm thinking if I go the Whatnot (online auction) route, I'll have to be closer to my consignment booth in Campbell. So lots to think about while I'm here in Hawaii and what I'll be doing when I get back to California. 

No comments: