Sunday, August 21, 2022

Big Tubs Dual Purpose

This is one of the homes that has a massive bathtub and a shower area with multiple shower heads you need a diagram on how to use. While the kids were here it was great because the whole family could get in the tub at the same time. I'm not a soak in a tub type of person and with the water shortage, it doesn't make sense for just me to use it. 
I wanted to wash the blankets on the beds (as I don't know the last time they were washed) but the washer and dryer here are super small. I got the bright idea to wash them in the tub. As I thought, the first blanket I washed was super dirty. What I didn't think about was how heavy the blanket would be once wet. It's a double blanket with a fleece lining so once wet was super heavy. It so heavy I couldn't lift it out of the tub. With the tub being so deep I had to pull it out inch by inch  over the edge into the laundry basket. I had to then slide the basket across the marble floors through the bedroom to the backyard. Water getting everywhere! 
I set out the lounge chairs in the back yard to dry the blanket which took most of the day to just get the excess water out. At some point it was dry enough to get it in the dryer. 
Then the task of cleaning the tub, which I don't know how anyone does it without having to get in it!
And yes the king size blanket is going the laundromat!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: