Saturday, August 20, 2022

Poke

As I wind down my stay here in Maui, the weather has turned super nice. The temperature this morning is a nice 75 with a very light breeze. 
One thing I will miss about Hawaii is all the seafood. I seriously don't think I've eaten this much raw fish in one month ever!  I went to a different FoodLand in town and they had a bigger selection of Poke. I went with salmon which was really good. I also got Ahu, which was way to fishy tasting. Not sure if it's just that type of fish or it was old. Either way, it cost too much for me to throw out so I'm going to make extra strong wasabi and have it for lunch. 
Since I only have a few more days here, I'm trying to finish up whatever food that is perishable. Making a lot of smoothies since I can get fresh Maui Gold pineapple.  I didn't know what to do with the bread since I can't eat it and the freezer is already fill of bread. So I decide to carry it around in the car and feed it to all the chickens. Just have to decide if I should dry it out and make crumbs.  I'm sure locals won't like seeing slices of bread all over the ground. :)

No comments: