Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Upcoming Fundraiser - A Park To Bark

A CHA I got a chance to talk to Bernie Berlin who runs the no kill animal shelter "A Place To Bark" (see my blog roll for the link) in Tennessee. This is one of the charities that my fur babies and I support. Bernie is raising funds to finish the indoor dog shelters that she started last year. You may be asking why Purrcy and Lucy would be interested in a dog rescue charity. In one of Bernie's YouTube video she showed where she kept the small kittens she had just rescued, which was in her down stairs bathroom. We think the kitties should have a place of their own. Lydia (Understand Blue fame) and her fur babies are joining me in raising the $5,000 needed to finish off the cat house. We will be designing some rubber stamps (several artists are being asked to donate an image to the cause) and 100% of the profit will go to "A Place To Bark". So stay tune and watch for the updates on my blog about the stamp release.

4 comments:

strent said...

Just let me know what you need and I'm in!! Love your site, Lydia's site and cats!!! (have 3 of my own). Great cause ladies.

Sandra

Debbie said...

Can't wait to hear more about this project. I hope that some of the images are cats!

toners said...

This sounds GREAT!! I'll be watching for more info :)

Lisa said...

Cool
Keep me posted