Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Is it Spring yet?

My front yard is always changes with the season. Instead of a lawn we planted a variety of bulb flowers. The first to show up are the daffodil. Soon to be followed by irises. We had some heavy frost so most of my hedge plants have been trimmed back and look like little brown sticks.
When I moved my hubby's office to the back bedroom, he now has a nice view of the daffodils blooming in our vegetable garden. I'm always reminded of the time my daughter decided to play flower girl and went out and cut all the flowers she could find to make one huge bouquet. Now all we have to worry about is the snails.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh spring - it seems so far away here in Michigan! Thanks for sharing the brightness of your yard!

toners said...

I saw lots of daffodils, snowdrops and crocuses back in England; they were so pretty!!