Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Part of my CHA order

I didn't buy much at CHA but I did plan on visiting the May Arts booth and place my ribbon order. May Arts was one of the few vendors who had sales people willing to take your order. Seriously, most of the vendors sales staff pretended they didn't see you. If the show was slow for them, it's their own fault. I thanked my sales person for being so helpful and she said she was the owner's sister. It was the same thing with Product Performers and Theresa Collins booth that was staff with family members. They really knew their product and did their best to help retailers place their orders. Maybe CHA should give out an award for best customer service.
I ordered all this ribbon for my up coming classes. I'm always having a hard time find enough ribbon for my classes, so I decided to stock my studio with 31 of my favorites. It was really hard not to got over board and order everything they had. :)

3 comments:

toners said...

Oh, my - I think next time I'll need to give you a check for some ribbon shopping for me :)

Unknown said...

Doh, I missed out!

Unknown said...

I love May Arts - we carry it at the store! Wish we could carry it all too!