Saturday, February 28, 2009

Birthday - My Morning Adventure

This morning my "boy toy" (Hubby has to do want ever I want today) drove me over to Half Moon Bay to check out the shops and see the ocean. We stop in at a kitchen/gourmet shop and chatted with the owner. We got to sample some artichoke honey (from Italy) and lemon/olive oil both of which were so good we brought some home. We then got to talking about honey and bees. Mr D's Bee may soon be on the shelf there. Really it's more for us to spread the word about not killing swarms but to call the Bee Guild to have them relocated. Since the weather turned out to be so warm today, we came home early so Doug come work on the hives before it rains again. This is the season when hives will start to swarm if they have out grown their space. We did manage to have lunch at Gayle's Deli in Capitola and window shop in downtown Los Gatos. We will be off again tonight to go out to dinner as soon I can a make up my mind. :)
Coin toss on Red House in Pacific Grove or Tadish in San Francisco.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you're making the most of your birthday!
Enjoy yourself!

Unknown said...

I am SO jealous right now! I vote for Red House & oh - mmmmmm-- Gayle's Deli.
You are TORTURING me!
As for the camera - I vote for Nikon D60 or D90 - go for it baby!