Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Garden Envy

I've been working out in our vegetable garden today. First I had to repair several of the frames which for some reason when my hubby put them together for me last year, used screws that were too short. I weeded and cleaned up all the beds a few weeks ago and added compost and cow manure. Had to give the manure time to settle in before planting. I finished two beds today - pear tomato, green beans, eggplant and marigolds. I started turning my two compost bins (after moving the wood pile hubby stacked against the bins) but half way through one of the girls (bees) decided I should stop. She kept buzzing around me, so I came in for lunch. Going back out to finish up the compost turning, I hope.
The photo above is not my garden but I wish it was. I call this garden envy. Maybe this year I will work on giving my raised bed garden a little more architecture interest. I've been working on putting down square pavers between the beds which I was going to finish today but too many black widow spiders nesting in the stacks, so I'm waiting for them to move on.

1 comment:

Sues said...

Would love to see "your garden" - I can guarantee I'd have garden envy!