Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lotus Flower Card

On Thursday I do a once a month card class at the Yu Ai Kai Senior center. I do four cards in any hour (which is pretty fast) so they have to be on the easy side. I was looking through the Cricut cartridge "Graphically Speaking" and trying to come up with two more cards. I saw there was a flower and thought I would do a simple white daisy on some background paper. After the flower was cut out, I then I decided to chalk it but instead of doing yellow, I used magenta. That lead to me thinking it needed more layers and curl up the ends. It started looking like a water lily or lotus blossom so I dug through my huge stash of paper and found this vintage paper (well over 8 years old) that looks like water. It's hard to see the chalking or the Star Dust pen work I did in the center. I know the ladies will ask me how to mail it without crushing the petals. Have to admit they keep me on my toes. :)


1 comment:

toners said...

Beautiful!! You can't go wrong with flowers :) I love all the layers and the dimension that they add!