Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Morning Hike

Since I was only able to hike one day last week (hubby shared his cold with me) I decided to do my 4 hour hike today. The trail wasn't busy so I pushed on when I reached the half way mark. My new trekking poles are working out well, especially when going down hill. Saw a HUGE male turkey with his little harem out in the fields. He was strutting and flashing his feathers which was quite a sight to see.
On Sunday we stopped by to check on some bee hives we have at a friend's house. They have what I think would be a bee's version of Disneyland. Lots of open space and a big variety of things in bloom. I came home with a big bag of lemons and limes (three different varieties) a black tomato seedling (which is getting planted today in my garden) and some beautiful lilac branches.

3 comments:

toners said...

Glad you're enjoying those poles! Beautiful photo :)

Sues said...

These flowers are beautiful! I'm so jealous that you can take a 4 hour hike whenever you want! I wish I could be walking next to you! Trekking polls are great for downhill!! Enjoy your week!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm....I can smell the lilacs all the way over here in Michigan!! Steve took my bike in last Saturday for a long overdue tune up & a new seat. After it was done we took advantage of the warm temps & took a 5 mile ride! Loved it = can't wait for warmer temps this week to get back out ther on it!