Friday, April 24, 2009

The Wedge

One of the things on my 101 goals list is to make a meal menu and shopping list for the coming week. Adding to that list, trying one new dish. Several years ago in Minnesota (when I was there on a business trip) I had my first "wedge salad". Coming from California (the mother land of salad) I just cracked up at seeing a head of iceberg lettuce half on my plate with some blue cheese sprinkled on top. That was it, just a half of head of lettuce. It was one of those moments (like when you are being served artichokes for the first time) how you are suppose to eat it. Luckily I was traveling with someone who had a great sense a humor and he found a knife and chopped it up. Now that tomatoes are coming into season this will be a regular feature on our weekly menu.

1 comment:

toners said...

I remember thinking something similar when I saw a "wedge" for the first time! LOL!!