Friday, February 3, 2023

Another raining day

I had plans to work out in the garden today but I didn't check the weekly weather report. Didn't realize it was going to rain!  My front yard is a major work in progress and it will take a long long time to get it to produce anything. Getting the soil heathy again is the first step and that will take some time. Since I'm renting I'm not going to invest in bringing in good soil, instead I'm going old school and slowly composting my fruit and veggie scraps directly into the ground. Being a single person I can only generate so much. Some onions are popping up from my composting, which I see as a win! I'm slowly working on planting some hard landscaping plants. Bird of paradise and rosemary (from a friend's garden) around the edges of the garden. All hardy plants and hopefully will soften the look of the yard. I'm thinking of maybe getting a bird feeder but I'm on the road so much not sure I should start that. I also don't have a window that looks directly out into the garden, so I wouldn't really see and bird activity. When I was babysitting the labs, they feed the little birds, which you can see from the big kitchen window. The little birds chirping away was such a pleasant way to start my morning!
Not having Annie around who wanted to spend all her free time outside or at least sitting out by the front door, I don't spend anytime outside anymore. :(
I've noticed that some of my favorite YouTubers are starting to say "uhm" a lot when they do voice overs, so much so it's painful to watch their videos. I've gone back and watched some of my old WhatNot auctions to see if I do the same thing. Thankfully I'm not prone to that speech glitch, but I do say "so" a lot. :) Always a work in process!


Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: